Rochester Money Laundering Attorney
Defending Against Money Laundering Charges in New York
In today's complex financial landscape, the issue of money laundering has become increasingly more evident. At Nobles & Decarolis, we recognize the gravity of money laundering allegations and the severe consequences they can entail. If you find yourself entangled in a money laundering case, our Rochester money laundering attorney is here to help protect your rights.
Call Nobles & Decarolis today at (585) 639-3111 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our money laundering lawyer in Rochester.
What is Money Laundering?
Money laundering is considered a financial crime that involves the process of making illegally obtained money appear to come from legal sources. The objective is to "clean" dirty money by disguising its origins and making it appear legitimate. This illicit activity typically involves a series of complex transactions or financial arrangements aimed at concealing the true source of funds.
Money laundering can occur in various ways, such as through cash transactions, wire transfers, or the purchase of valuable assets like real estate or luxury goods. Individuals or entities engaging in money laundering often create an intricate web of financial transactions to distance themselves from the illegal proceeds.
What are the Penalties for Money Laundering in New York?
The penalties for money laundering in New York are severe and can have life-altering consequences. The severity of the penalties will greatly depend on several factors, including the amount of money involved, the sophistication of the money laundering operation, and the defendant's criminal history. In general, money laundering charges in New York can result in:
- Criminal Charges: Money laundering can be charged as a state or federal offense. Conviction can lead to significant prison time, with sentences ranging from several years to decades.
- Fines: Those convicted of money laundering may face substantial fines, amounting to thousands or even millions of dollars.
- Restitution: Defendants may be ordered to pay restitution to victims or the government for the financial harm caused by their money laundering activities.
- Asset Forfeiture: Authorities can seize assets believed to be connected to money laundering, including bank accounts, real estate, vehicles, and other valuable property.
- Criminal Record: A money laundering conviction will result in a permanent criminal record, severely impacting your future job prospects, housing opportunities, and more.
- Professional Consequences: Professionals such as lawyers, accountants, and financial advisors may face disciplinary actions and the loss of their professional licenses.
Defenses Against Money Laundering Charges
Common defenses against money laundering charges can include:
- Lack of Intent: Money laundering requires intent to conceal the source of funds. If we can establish that you did not have the requisite intent, it may weaken the prosecution's case.
- Lack of Knowledge: You may not be aware of the illegal source of the funds involved in the alleged money laundering scheme. Proving your lack of knowledge can be a powerful defense strategy.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: If evidence was acquired unlawfully or in violation of your constitutional rights, we can challenge its admissibility in court.
- Mistaken Identity: In some instances, individuals are wrongfully accused of money laundering due to mistaken identity. We can work to establish your innocence if this is the case.
- Procedural Errors: We can scrutinize the entire legal process to identify any procedural errors or irregularities that could lead to the dismissal of charges.
- Coercion or Duress: If you were forced or coerced into participating in money laundering activities, we could argue that you acted under duress.
Contact Our Money Laundering Lawyer in Rochester Today
Don't delay seeking legal representation if you or a loved one is facing money laundering charges. Contact our Rochester money laundering attorney today to schedule a consultation. We will review the facts of your case, explain your rights, and outline a strategic defense plan to protect your interests and future. Don't let money laundering allegations jeopardize your freedom and reputation. Trust Nobles & Decarolis to provide you with unwavering legal advocacy and guidance throughout the legal process.
Contact Nobles & Decarolis today to get started with our Rochester money laundering attorney.
Not Guilty DWI
Case Dismissed Possession 2nd & Sale of Marijuana 1st
Case Dismissed Manslaughter 1st Degree
Not Guilty Criminal Possession of a Weapon 2nd Degree & Kidnapping 2nd Degree
Case Dismissed Rape 1st Degree
Not Guilty Robbery 1st & 2nd, Kidnapping 2nd, & Assault 2nd
“Always prompt in returning my phone calls, was very courteous and non-judgmental.” - Google User
“Thank you for helping me get this opportunity to turn my life around.” - M.S.